Monday, February 13, 2012

More chairs

So Sunday I went back to the estate sale to see what they had left. Sunday or whatever the last day of the sale is tends to be half priced day around here. This means that there is less stock but cheaper prices. I find a good strategy is to buy what you want desperately at full price and then return to get other stock that you might otherwise pass on. So along with the child's rocker they had a box of chair parts and an easy chair in pretty rough shape. I was considering purchasing them at a price that would have totalled 10 dollars when the sale manager came out to  pack some things up before the end of the day. We got to talking about restoration and I told her about the child's rocker I picked up yesterday and showed her some pictures on my phone. She was tickled that I was working on it and rather than sell me the chairs or throw them away at the end of the sale she told me to just take them home and see what I could do. I asked what was in the box of parts and she said it was a Lincoln Rocker. I thought it looked like an eastlake chair but she would know better. Turns out we were both right.


Box'O Chair

More Box'O Chair

Sitting Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment