Monday, February 13, 2012

(Free and) Easy Chair

So I am not sure what to call this type of chair exactly.  I tend to stay away from upholstered furniture unless it's in very good condition because I don't really have any experience doing upholstery. I have done a little but not too much and nothing very complicated.  I love the castors on this piece and the way the back sweeps out. But the condition is rough. The good news? The frame seems to be in good condition. That should give me a good chance to practice upholstery without also worrying about woodwork. I am going to tackle this project next so look for updates in the future.  I fear that for a free chair that it may cost me a bit to complete. I mean fabric does not grow on trees nor does horse hair for stuffing. I will try to reuse everything I can and make up for the rest. Luckily I have some webbing sitting around that I bought at auction for just such an occasion. 


Love those Legs

I mean this back goes WAY back. 

Undercarriage explosion


The back. I wish I could reuse this fabric but some cat got to it and just shredded it. Plus its pretty worn in the front.

Implosion 

A little detail on the front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment